Sunday 13 November 2011

Re(Calibrator) Phase4

Another direction I have been exploring is the "size" of the extra dimension, as String theory talks about them being so small that we can not detect these extra dimensions. In my search to find an appropriate software, that would allow me to freely experiment with the scale factor, I came across Paracloud (http://www.paracloud.com/) which gives enormous freedom to develop complex models. I have done some experiments which will help me produce an animation of potential representation of an extra dimension as in infinitely small scale surface, that appears visible only through a endless zooming.
Paracloud works with a mesh and a component, populating a given mesh with a component, but keeping it relatively simple for generating highly detailed models. In the examples below, I have investigated various geometrical objects as a mesh (with an increasing complexity) and populated them with an element of my initial model.

Octahedron mesh
Dodecahedron mesh                                                                                                           
10 times more complex geometry
Below is an example of a mesh - component scenario, where both elements are taken from the initial 3D model for a test structure.

Mesh populated with an element of the main geometry
Afterwards I put together a rather simplistic animation (using ParaCloud for geometry and 3Ds Max for the animation) "basic animation of Paracloud generated structure" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SyjVag0qTk&feature=channel_video_title)


This rout may also prove to be slightly irrelevant as was the idea of ultrasonics, since I can not see how exactly I am going to go about linking this to my main research. 




No comments:

Post a Comment